on the Organization of Viet Nam – Latin America Ministerial Meeting on Commerce and Investment (5th - 6th July, Viet Nam)
The relations between Viet Nam and its Latin American friends in recent years have been developing on a strong and firm basis, not only in political and diplomatic fields but also in economic, commerce and investment fields.
The two-way trade volume between Viet Nam and regional countries has increased from 300 million US dollars in 2000 to 4.5 billion US dollars in 2011.
So far, Viet Nam’s investment commitments in Latin America have reached over 7 billion U.S. dollars while those of Latin America in Viet Nam are 2 billion U.S. dollars. Potentials and opportunities for developing those economic relations are so vast, especially in the context that Latin America and East Asia are growth centers of the world economy and the world is now witnessing the trend of regional integration and inter-regional cooperation via such mechanisms as APEC, TPP, FEALAC, etc.
To make these potentials and opportunities come into reality and to look toward the establishment of a dynamic and sustainable commerce and trade partnership between Viet Nam and Latin America, it is specially significant to lift information barriers while solving geographical distances, promoting mutual understanding and concerns of two sides’ governmental agencies and enterprises, shaping mechanisms of exchanges and fostering practical cooperation as well.
With a desire to attach much importance to and to show determination of the Vietnamese government for enhancing the relations between Viet Nam and Latin America while creating opportunities for policy makers, experts and enterprises of the two sides to meet with and to discuss opportunities, potentials and initiatives to promote the commerce and investment relations, the Foreign Ministry of Viet Nam will coordinate with the Ministry of Commerce, the Ministry of Planning and Investment, the Viet Nam Chamber of Commerce and Industry (VCCI) and related Ministries and branches to co-host “Viet Nam – Latin America Ministerial Meeting on Commerce and Investment” in Viet Nam from 5th- 6th July, 2012.
On the side of international guests: Attending the conference will be Ministerial-leveled delegations, associations of enterprises and enterprises from 27 Latin American countries, diplomatic corps, and international organisations from 27 Latin American, several international organizations in Ha Noi (namely the UN, UNDP, WB, ADB, etc.) and international journalists.
On the Vietnamese side: Viet Nam Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung will attend the conference and deliver an opening speech. Minister of Commerce will host the overview conference while Minister of Foreign Affairs will host the banquet. Attending the envent will be Leaders of the Governmental Office, Ministries, provinces and cities of Viet Nam that have established economic relations with Latin American countries, representatives of the VCCI, assocations of enterprises and enterprises that are interested in Latin American market, research institutions, scholars and domestic journalists.
On 5th July at the National Conference Centre in Ha Noi:
- Opening session: Opening speech of Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung;
- Announcement of the establishment of Viet Nam – Latin America Joint Business Council;
- Overview seminar hosted by Minister of Commerce Vu Huy Hoang;
- Working lunch for official delegations which have major speakers;
- 03 symposia;
- To pay a courtesy visit to Vietnamese senior leaders;
- Gala dinner hosted by Minister of Foreign Affairs Pham Binh Minh;
On 6th July in Quang Ninh province:
- Ha Long Bay Tours (only reserved for official delegations)
- On 5th July, there will be display and exhibition pavilions of (i) countries, (ii) Ministries, branches and localities of Viet Nam, (iii) enterprises from Viet Nam and Latin America;
- Meetings among enterprises will be held at the same time as seminars sessions on 5th July in private locations on the sidelines of the Forum;
- Working lunch to facilitate enterprise connections will be held on 5th July;
- City and suburban tours for enterprises on 6th July should be registerd at the Host Committee.
- Bilateral visits by Latin American official delegations before, during and after the conference should be based on demands of country participants and arrangement capabilities of Viet Nam.
Speeches and research work:
- At overview seminar: Delegate of each country participant will deliver his/her well-prepared speech within 5 to 7 minutes on assessment of situations and prospects for economic and trade relations with Viet Nam as well as initiatives and solutions for promotion of economic, trade and investment relations with Viet Nam. All speeches with the length of less than 2 A4 pages should be dispatched to the Host Committee prior to 20th June, 2012.
- At symposia: The Host Committee will concretize theme of each session and request delegates register their speeches within 7 to 10 minutes. Speeches should be sent to the Host Committee before 20th June 2012.
- The Host Committee expects to receive research work related to the Forum’s theme by research institutions or scholars of Latin American countries prior to 20th June 2012 which will help lay academic foundations for the Forum.
- Speeches made and research work presented at the Forum will be published in the form of the Forum’s yearbook which will be distributed to delegates.
- Regarding official delegations: The Vietnamese government’s sponsorship formula for delegations is 1 + 1, including hotel expense for 3 nights from 4th to 6th July, 2012, means of transportation, receptions and other logistic expenses.
- Regarding enterprise delegations: The Vietnamese government will provide them with lunch on 5th July to help facilitate enterprise connections. Other expenses are covered by enterprises themselves.
Registration for participation:
- Please find attached herewith registration form for international guests to join the Forum.
- Regarding official delegations, it is requested that Foreign Ministries send diplomatic notes via diplomatic chanels to formally inform Viet Nam Foreign Ministry of delegation appointments (Please attach already-filled registration forms). Deadline for diplomatic note delivery is 31st May, 2012.
- Latin American enterprises attending the Forum can register by group or by enterprise directly at the VCCI or indirectly at their diplomatic representative bodies in Viet Nam or at Vietnamese embassies abroad. Deadlines for completion of registration form is before 10th June 2012.
Additional information about the Forum:
- Viet Nam Foreign Ministry will have a concrete annoucement after completing contents, working programs, logistics, protocol and security affairs.
- Viet Nam Foreign Ministry will soon announce the opening of a e-bulletin regarding the Forum’s frequently-updated information on the Foreign Ministry’s website.
Regarding content-related issues:
- Mr. Le Cong Tien, Deputy Director General of Americas Department, Viet Nam Foreign Ministry
Tel: 84-4-37002209, Fax: 84-4-38430409, Email: email@example.com;
- Mrs. Pham Thuy Huong, Desk officer, Americas Department, Viet Nam Foreign Ministry
Tel: 84-4-3799-2206, Fax: 84-4-38430409, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Regarding protocol and logistic – related issues:
- Mr. Le Cong Dung, Assistant to Director General, State Protocol Bureau, Viet Nam Foreign Ministry
Tel: 84-4-3799-2543, Fax: 84-4-3799-2614, Email: email@example.com;
Regarding journalism-related issues:
- Mrs. Pham Thu Hang, Assistant to Director General, Journalism and Information Department, Viet Nam Foreign Ministry
Tel: 84-4-3799-3253, Fax: 84-4-3799-4137, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org;
Regarding enterprise – related issues:
- Mr. Nguyen Vu Kien, Deputy Head of International Relations Department, the VCCI
Tel: 84-4-3574-2022, ext: 247, Fax: 84-4-3574-2020, Email: email@example.com
|Back Top page Print Email|