Visa application to Vietnam
Instructions for visa application to Vietnam:
1. General information:
- Vietnamese entry visa (a business visa and a tourist visa) is required for all foreigners wishing to visit Vietnam except for citizens of countries having bilateral agreements on visa exemption with Vietnam.
- Visa can be applied in person at the Consulate General of Vietnam in Sydney or by mail/post to the Consulate-General’s address.
- The time to process a visa application is normally 3 working days. In case of urgency, the applicant may contact the Consulate General of Vietnam in Sydney for an appropriate advice.
- Normally, the Vietnamese visa can be applied no earlier than 6 month prior to date of departure and the applicant can enter Vietnam anytime from proposed date of entry. However please note that, the visa will be expired exactly from the date as given.
2. The required documents are as follows:
- The original passport which must have longer validity than the visa by at least one month.
- One completed application form attached with one passport-size photograph
- A copy of itinerary (if applicable)
- Application fee can be paid by cash, money orders or cheque (payable to the Consulate General of the S.R. of Vietnam in Sydney). Visa fees are various and depend on the length of stay, number of entry and purpose a trip. Please contact the consulate General for further information. All payments are non-refundable.
- For the applicant who wish to collect the passport by mail: please enclose a pre-paid return envelope with clear self address. To avoid a situation when passports might not reach back the applicants before the needed date, please spare plenty of time for the post delivery forth and back.
3. Tourist visas to Vietnam:
Tourist visa can be valid up to 30 days with single or multiple entry.
4. Business and other types of Vietnamese visas:
Business visa could be granted for single or multiple entries with a maximum stay in Vietnam of 90 days
In addition to the documents specified in (1), the applicant must obtain visa approval from Vietnamese Immigration Department through his/her sponsor in Vietnam (otherwise the applicant can ask for the assistance from the Consulate General).
5. Vietnamese Diplomatic and Official visas:
Diplomatic/Official visa can be applied gratis. Besides the requirements mentioned in (1), the applicant is advised to submit to the Consulate General a Note Verbal or an official letter from the concerned office of the Commonwealth Government of Australia or State Government, Foreign Missions and Posts based in Australia.
6. Office hours
Monday-Friday, 9:00 am-12:30 pm and 1:30 pm-4:00 pm
Download VISA APPLICATION FORM: DOC format
- Visa form for Australians - Size 53.5 kB
Last modified 17-09-2012