About APPF-13 in Vietnam
The 13th Asia Pacific Parliamentary Forum will be held in Quang Ninh Province from January 1013, 2005. APPF is aimed at promoting dialogues among MPs in Asia Pacific on security-politics, economic-trade cooperation and culture, contributing to resolving regional issues and maintaining peace, stability, development and prosperity of the whole region.
APPF Tentative Agenda:
Security and political issues:
- Discussion on security and political situation in Asia Pacific;
- Counter - terrorism activities;
- Korean Peninsular issue;
- Middle East peace process;
- ASEAN Regional Forum; and
- Transnational crimes.
Economic and Trade Issues
- APEC: Outcome of APEC 2004 in Chile and Towards APEC 2006 in Vietnam;
- Globalization and Cooperation in Accelerating New WTO Negotiation Round; and
- Enhancing Bilateral and Multilateral Economic Partnership.
Environment and Sustainable Development
Social and Cultural Issues:
- Preserving national cultural identity and Promoting exchanges among cultures;
- Unity and Cooperation in combating HIV/AIDS, SARS and avian flu for human health; and
- Developing human resources for sustainable development.
So far, 180 delegates from 23 countries (Australia, Cambodia, Canada, China, Fiji, Indonesia, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mexico, Russian Federation, the Philippines, Papua New Guinea, New Zealand, Macedonia, Singapore, Thailand, the US and Brunei) have registered to attend the Conference.
On this occasion, the following Parliamenary delegations will visit Vietnam:
- Spokesman of the Council of the Russian Federation (the Upper House) Sergei Mironov will visit Vietnam from January 9 13, 2005 to promote relationship between the two Parliaments and peoples;
- President of the House of Representatives of Italian Parliament Pier Ferdinando Casini will visit Vietnam from January 9 12, 2005 to promote relationship between the two Parliaments and peoples;
- Vice Chairman of the National People's Congress of China Gu Xiulian will visit Vietnam from January 14 18, 2005 to promote relationship between the two Parliaments and peoples;
- Former Prime Minister of Japan Nakasone, Honorary President of APPF, will visit Vietnam during the APPF-13 Meeting; and
- President of the Senate and Vice President of the Parliament of Thailand Suchon Chaleenkure will visit Vietnam from January 10 13, 2005 to attend the APPF-13.
|Back Top page Print Email|