Friday, October 24, 2014 Search
 Advanced Search

US gives $50,000 to typhoon victims


The US Embassy in Hanoi said they would contribute $50,000 in order to provide emergency household supplies for 2,400 households in Quang Binh Province made homeless by the Typhoon No 2, thus helping them to get back to normal life. 

The Embassy will do this through the U.S. Agency for International Development’s Office of Foreign Disaster Assistance in response to the devastation caused by Typhoon No 2 in Central Vietnam and the request by the Vietnamese Government for international support.

The United States Embassy announced today that they would make an immediate contribution to support relief operations.  The support is in response to humanitarian needs following the typhoon related damage earlier this month.

In making this contribution, Ambassador Michael Michalak said: "The United States has had a long history of assisting Vietnam when disasters have struck.  The United States is proud to stand once again as a partner with the Government of Vietnam in its relief efforts."  (Nhan Dan)

 
Back Top page Print Email

Related news:

Bản quyền của Vụ Thông Tin Báo Chí - Bộ Ngoại Giao
© Copyright by Press and Information Department - Vietnam Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Email: Banbientap@mofa.gov.vn